Yibin Xie, PhD
Yibin Xie, PhD
The research of Yibin Xie, PhD, focuses on the development of non-invasive imaging techniques such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to detect and characterize atherosclerosis. His research involves advanced image acquisition and reconstruction techniques, as well as machine learning-based post-processing aimed at improving the diagnosis and treatment strategies of major cardiovascular diseases, including stroke and coronary artery diseases.
- Undergraduate: Zhejiang University, 2008
- Master's: Johns Hopkins University, 2010
- Doctorate: UCLA, 2015
- Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
Awards & Activities
- Young Investigator Award, Overseas Chinese Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2017
- SCMR Seed Grant, Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 2017
- Junior Fellow, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2017
- Regional Scholarship, Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 2016, 2017
- Top Abstract Award, ISMRM Cardiac Study Group, 2015, 2016
- Xie Y, Kim YJ, Pang J, Kim JS, Yang Q, Wei J, Nguyen CT, Deng Z, Choi BW, Fan Z, et al. Coronary Atherosclerosis T1-Weighed Characterization With Integrated Anatomical Reference: Comparison With High-Risk Plaque Features Detected by Invasive Coronary Imaging. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017 Jun;10(6):637-648. Epub 2016 Oct 12.
- Xie Y, Jin H, Zeng M, Li D. Coronary Artery Plaque Imaging. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2017 Sep;19(9):37.
- Xie Y, Yang Q, Xie G, Pang J, Fan Z, Li D. Improved black-blood imaging using DANTE-SPACE for simultaneous carotid and intracranial vessel wall evaluation. Magn Reson Med. 2016 Jun;75(6):2286-2294. Epub 2015 Jul 8.