Piotr J. Slomka, MD
Piotr J. Slomka, PhD
The research of Piotr Slomka, PhD, focuses on the development of automated software and algorithms to allow analysis of 3-D images of the heart, in much the same way as an experienced human operator would. He also studies the application of artificial intelligence techniques to the measurement of parameters critical to understanding the state and behavior of the human heart.
Awards & Activities
- Board of Editors: Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Current
- Board of Editors: Journal of Nuclear Cardiology, Current
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology, 2008
- Fellow, Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine, 1997
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 1995
- Slomka PJ, Dey D, Przetak C, Aladl UE, Baum RP. Automated 3-dimensional registration of stand-alone (18)F-FDG whole-body PET with CT. J Nucl Med. 2003 Jul;44(7):1156-1167.
- Slomka PJ, Fieno D, Ramesh A, Goyal V, Nishina H, Thompson LE, Saouaf R, Berman DS. Patient motion correction for multiplanar, multi-breath-hold cardiac cine MR imaging. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2007 May;25(5):965-973.
- Slomka PJ, Fieno D, Thomson L, Friedman JD, Hayes SW, Berman DS. Automatic detection and size quantification of infarcts by myocardial perfusion SPECT: clinical validation by delayed-enhancement MRI. J Nucl Med. 2005 May;46(5):728-735.