Surasak Phuphanich, MD
Clinical Office 1
127 S San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
Clinical Office 2
Hunt Cancer Center
3285 Skypark Dr
Clinical Office 3
Torrance Memorial Medical Center - Neurosciences Institute
23560 Crenshaw Blvd
Surasak Phuphanich, MD
- Neuro-Oncology, Brain/Spine Tumor
The clinical and research interests of Surasak Phuphanich, MD, are drug delivery with nano-particle through blood brain barrier (BBB) and drug discovery with focus on promising new Immunomodulation and targeted therapeutic agents. For example, PD-1/PDL-1 Antibody, M-Tor inhibitor, PI3 Kinase, Hedge-hog pathway, IDH1, EGFR-TKI, VEGFR, and immunotherapy with vaccine and stem cell for different specific cancer cell targets including correlation with proteinomic, genomic profile in order to avoid major side effects and maintain high quality of life in this group of patients with the ultimate goal of offering personalized Neuro-Oncology medicine for every patient with brain cancer.
- Medical School: Mahidol University, 1975
- Residency: Mahidol University, 1977
- Internship: Saint Francis Hospital of Evanston, 1978
- Residency: University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System, 1981
- Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, 1983
Awards & Activities
- Golden Hippocampus Teaching Award, 2016
- Best Doctors, Best Doctors, Inc., 2011-14
- Top's American Physicians Award, Consumer Research Council, 2009-12
- Patient’s Choice Award, MDx Medical, Inc., 2008-12
- America's Top Doctors for Cancer, Castle Connelly Medical Ltd., 2007-15
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications.
- Phuphanich S, Wheeler CJ, Rudnick JD, Mazer M, Wang H, Nuño MA, Richardson JE, Fan X, Ji J, Chu RM, et al. Phase I trial of a multi-epitope-pulsed dendritic cell vaccine for patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2013;62(1):125-135.
- Wen PY, Reardon DA, Armstrong TS, Phuphanich S, Aiken RD, Landolfi JC, Curry WT, Zhu JJ, Glantz M, Peereboom DM, et al. A Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Phase II Trial of Dendritic Cell Vaccine ICT-107 in Newly Diagnosed Patients with Glioblastoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2019 Oct 1;25(19):5799-5807.
- El-Deiry WS, Goldberg RM, Lenz HJ, Shields AF, Gibney GT, Tan AR, Brown J, Eisenberg B, Heath EI, Phuphanich S, et al. The Current State of Molecular Testing in the Treatment of Patients with Solid Tumors. CA Cancer J Clin. 2019 Jul;69(4):305-343.
English / Spanish / Thai