Jun Gong, MD
Samuel Oschin Cancer Center
127 S San Vicente Blvd - 7th Floor
Los Angeles, CA
Jun Gong, MD
Jun Gong, MD, is a medical oncologist of the Gastrointestinal Disease Research Group, Pancreatic Cancer Research Group, and Urologic Oncology Program in the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Cedars-Sinai. His primary clinical interests are in gastrointestinal (GI), hepatobiliary, and genitourinary (GU) cancers with a multidisciplinary focus of care along with colleagues from surgery, gastroenterology, radiation oncology, radiology, and urology. Dr. Gong is focused on translational and clinical cancer research with interests in early therapeutic trials (immunotherapy, targeted therapies, biologics, and other systemic therapies) and biomarker development to improve patient outcomes in GI and GU cancers
- Medical School: New York Medical College, 2008
- Internship: Cedars-Sinai, 2012
- Residency: Cedars-Sinai, 2013
- Fellowship: City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, 2015
Awards & Activities
- NCCN Oncology Fellows Program, 2017
- ASCO/AACR Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research, 2017
- Travel Award, 15th International Kidney Cancer Symposium, Kidney Cancer Association, 2016
- Young Investigator’s Think Tank, 15th International Kidney Cancer Symposium, Kidney Cancer Association, 2016
- Merit Scholarship, New York Medical College, 2008
- Wang C, Gong J, Tu TY, Lee PP, Fakih M. Immune profiling of microsatellite instability-high and polymerase ε (POLE)-mutated metastatic colorectal tumors identifies predictors of response to anti-PD-1 therapy. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2018 Jun;9(3):404-415.
- Gong J, Omlin A, Pal SK, Hsu J, Tombal B, Sydes MR, Gillessen S. Influence of an International Consensus Conference on Practice Patterns in Advanced Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol. 2018 Aug;74(2):239-240.
- Cho M1 Gong J, Frankel P, Synold TW, Lim D, Chung V, Chao J, Li D, Chen Y, Sentovich S, et al. A phase I clinical trial of binimetinib in combination with FOLFOX in patients with advanced metastatic colorectal cancer who failed prior standard therapy. Oncotarget. 2017 Jul 18;8(45):79750-79760.
English / Cantonese / Spanish